Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Champagne Memories

When I review the last eighteen years of holidays, I truly don't know where the time has gone. Some days I wish I could crawl back into my little world all those years ago and burrow with my papooses.

I can remember the sound of the rocker like it was yesterday and the warmth of them swaddled in their favorite blankets. I can hear the friendly drop-ins for coffee and the enlightening words of the friends informing me that my youngest was two houses down lobbying for cookies. Naked. I can see our dear neighbor chipping golf balls as I watch from my front porch swing my oldest of 6 years discuss life with him. And my heart dances when I think of my daughter's maraca introduction that founded all future half-pint performances.

The memories bubble up like champagne at News Years Eve. All sparkly and delicious. So here's to the years of splendid champagne memories.

Cheers!





10 comments:

Amy said...

I love love love it! ♥ ♥ ♥

Sandy Johnston said...

Love this Jen, such sweet memories....

Honora Blanton said...

I love this. How tender and sweet these years are don't take them for granted.

Lara said...

Oh so good!! Love it!

Karen Vaughn said...

Love it! What beautiful memories!

Bert said...

WOW, that is great!!

Jen said...

Thanks everyone! Feeling a little nostalgic lately. Can you tell? I think it must have something to with the 18 year old in my house...and how everyone keeps following his lead. This year they are; 18, 16, 14, 13, 12, 10, 9 and 6. Time truly does fly.

Harry said...

Great job Jen!

Ryan Cox said...

Like a warm blanket for the heart.

Billy Forester said...

Like a warm glass of eggnog and sugar cookies. Love it.