Monday, May 12, 2008



This year for Mother's Day, Sam was so sweet to give me a day full of honey do's, starting with a new gate for our fence. He and Gib built the fence about a year ago and ever since, we have searched high and low for the perfect wrought iron gate, without any luck. So yesterday, he decided a wooden one would have to do. After a day of measuring, sawing and bolting, the end result was fabulous, of course. Now, one would think his labor of love was complete, but it didn't stop there; next, we planted some grass and flowers (hence the dirt), he hung new light fixtures in the front and then we enjoyed a delicious Thai dinner as a family. You know, I always thought my love language was something other than acts of service, but today, I stand corrected. Honey do's are just golden in my book!

No comments: