Thursday, July 03, 2008

More, please



What would you say if I told you I really didn't have enough to do, or that I crave more responsibility? I'm sure you would believe that I so enjoy the process of potty training and that one more mouth to feed seems just dandy, right? Well, the correct answer to all of these questions is:

A) Absolutely
B) Kinda
C) Not so much
D) Never

And if you guessed C, you know me well (never saying never of course) but, I do love warm, sweet, thankful faces, like this one...



So, without further adieus, everyone, meet Kate, our newest member of the family.

She, like Heddy, is a cattle dog, and obviously a Red Heeler. Heddy, our first love, was given her name for the beautiful brunette actress, Hedy Lamarr ( not sure why we added an extra "d") so Kate's name was chosen for the beautiful redheaded actress, Kate Walsh. We aim to keep things fair around here.

And no, I didn't need an additional living creature to look after, or more poop to clean up, but for a while now, we thought Heddy might need a friend or more specifically, an ear to chew on.



And fortunately, Kate likes big families with many children to herd, or at least that's what she told me in the cage at the animal shelter.

And I believed her...well, we all did.

Welcome home, Kate!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww! she is precious, Jen! Can't wait to meet her! What's you week looking like next week? Love you.

Lisa Lisa said...

she is so cute! I love my dog and wish I could get a second one!