Saturday, May 28, 2011

5 Favorites

The weather in Texas has been typical this spring.  Crazy one minute, divine the next.  After 40 years, I have officially decided that my all-time favorite day, weather wise is a sunny 69℉ that feels like 52℉ with 50% humidity, 10.0 mile visibility and winds blowing from the WNW at 6mph.

Impressed with my meteorology skills? Don't be. I do however, cut and paste well.

#One
Perfect weather. Ahhhhhhh, bliss.

















Wait...go back up.

Did you see the little spider that sat down beside her?
Yeah, about that. Although I do love all God's creatures, spiders are not one of my favorites. Hear ye! Hear ye! I'm not talking regular seat at the local arachnophobic support group just yet, but you do have to admit that they are fairly assuming for their size.  Case in point, she didn't spin into my #one favorite day photo with invitation in hand leg. Thank you.

And pansies in May you say? Well, they have done so supremely well this year that I haven't had the heart to rip them from their lush soil digs. But I will soon. Probably right after I spy the newest shipment of New Guinea Impatiens at Callaways, or after my neighbor plants a gorgeous spread in his garden.

Word of the day: Incentive.















#Two
Flowers bring me great cheer, so a lovely bouquet in my home certainly makes the cut. I'll even voice that a vase of fresh flowers is one of, if not the best anti-depressants on the market, with minimal side effects I might add. That is, unless you are an allergy sufferer, and if so hopefully you and the nedi pot are very good friends. We personally, go way back.

#Three
Now take a peek at the mirror that is reflecting the bouquet. That was my Grandmama's. I adored her. She was one of a kind, as is the mirror. When I inherited it, the silver was significantly worn so I took it to the glass and mirror shop for a renewed luster. During the hauling from here to there and there to here we instantly discovered it weighs five trillion pounds which is not one of my favorites but plainly has an established benefit in regard to thieves.















#Four.  #Five.
Two delicious choices, not necessarily paired together for tasting, but more for the composition of the photo. Regardless of the poor photo, promise you will try KerryGold Dubliner cheese and Harney and Son's Paris tea if you haven't already. And for whatever reason, if one or the other cannot be found at your local grocery or market, stop by and I'll be more than happy to share because sharing is how favorites are brought to light anyway, right Oprah?

Until we meet again.

5 comments:

Pauline said...

I'm on my way!

Sarah said...

Fresh flowers are on my list of favorites too. :)

Leigh DuVall said...

I enjoyed catching up with you through your blog tonight. And I never did see that spider that sat down beside her!

Jen said...

Funny Leigh, the kids and I were just saying how we need a DuVall fix too. And the spider? It's the black spot on the first photo at the top. It's so big, you might have thought it was bird. *shiver*

Leigh DuVall said...

I did think it was a bird. Geez! I would have sh** my pants!