Sunday, March 23, 2008

Ski and Sea; Part Two

We arrived in Los Angeles early in the afternoon so we had plenty of time to site see and shop ( did I mention our luggage was hundreds of miles away on our original flight), but your not going to hear me complaining. The pics below are at Manhattan Beach. The water was cold but the sand was warm and Ryan didn't want to leave.


What was he looking at?



Ahhhh, ships on the horizon. Reminds me of one of my all time favorite picture books, All Those Secrets of the World.



Run, Ryan, run before the ocean catches you!



OK, so I had to squeeze one posed photo in. I love this little guy, and his daddy, and the ocean and flowers and the color green and...




After much coursing we hopped in our rental car, and followed Highway 1 along the coast to Malibu. Magnificent. If only we had time to go further, but our schedule was tight so we checked in to our hotel and met my cousin for dinner later in the evening. I think the restaurant was called Ocean, seafood of course. We had oysters on the half shell and impeccably fresh fish. It was delicious. I had no idea there were so many varieties of oysters. One tasted like watermelon, I kid you not! After dinner we climbed into that Heavenly bed because morning was sure to come soon. And it did. Our wake up call was prompt at 4:45AM and in a flash we were on our flight back home, with three time zones to clear and a pocket full of memories.


Below, Sam took this incredible pic out of the window of the plane. You have to enlarge it to really catch a glimpse of what 's visible. Can you see? It's the Hollywood sign on the edge of the cliff through the clouds.