Sunday, June 01, 2008

Vegas, Baby!



Are hot air balloons the first thing you think of when you hear the words Las Vegas, Nevada? Yeah, me either. Actually, I've never really been a fan of what the "City that Never Sleeps" had to offer, or so I thought. Call me snotty, but the trash factor alone had made it less than appealing for practically my entire adult life, and I am not a gambler because if I'm going to throw money away I have always felt that designer apparel should be the gain, so consequentially, of all the places I can think of to vacation, Vegas has been last on the list... that was until this past weekend.

It all started with a few legitimate reasons to go like:

#1: It was my rockin' cousin, Ryan's 30 something b-day,



#2: My sweet friend, Melissa, needed a good excuse to get away,


#3: Sam loves Vegas,
#4: Sam wins, every time.


$$$$


Honestly, good reasons or not, we have been working toward a trip like this for a few years so naturally #1- #4 influenced us to finally pick up our happy little phone and book it. Now, this was not my first trip to Sin City. About eight years, ago when I was visiting Ryan and his roommates, we decided to drive from L.A. to Nevada on a whim, stay up all night and drive back the next day. Short lived, but never the less, my first Vegas experience. And it was fantastic, but we were robbed a bit of what Steve Wynn intended one to see and do while visiting. So this time, we made sure Mr. Wynn was not disappointed. The food, the bouquet of drinks, the cushy suites was nothing I had ever expected. And better yet, it was a reunion of sorts, with the original cast present and perfect additions like Sam, Melissa and her little sis, Stacy.

Here, after the divine birthday dinner are Billy (original cast member), Ryan, me and Sam.



Poolside was where each day progressed to and this was my reclined view...



And this was my view as I sat up to order another pina colada.



Yes, this city is bright and fun and delicious, and, I think Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe must have just returned from Vegas
when he said, "Travelling is like gambling: it is always connected with winning and losing, and generally where it is least expected we receive, more or less than what we hoped for."

No comments: